Customer Service Specialist
Manufacturing is changing, and we need the best people on the job.
At Opulo, we’re changing the way folks bring their product to market. Our machines facilitate mid-scale manufacturing, where you make your product at a moderate scale before making the risky and expensive jump to mass production.
As a Customer Service Specialist, you will help our customers both assemble and operate their Pick-and-Place machines, which place tiny electronic components onto circuit boards. You will also help monitor and keep track of any issues customers are experiencing with the product, so that our engineering team can prioritize what to work on. You’ll dive into our thriving community of builders and users in order to help understand what product improvements are most important.
If you want to be a part of changing manufacturing, we want you to join us as a Customer Service Specialist.
- Help customers get up and running with their machine
- Keep an eye on any outstanding issues, and advise our engineering department on what needs to be addressed
- Spend time in our Discord community, learning about the requests and complaints of our users to help us make a better product
- Are excited to work for a young, fast growing company where things are never boring
- Have dealt with any type of CNC machine before (3D printer, laser cutter, CNC Mill, etc.)
- Can communicate technical information clearly and concisely
This position is part-time, anywhere from 10-20 hr/week depending on ticket volume. Our base pay range is $16 - $21 per hour, depending on experience and pre-existing skill set.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Help customers with questions regarding assembling or operating their machine
- Answer questions about shipping timelines, help process returns or refunds
- Monitor and track issues in the field and advise on what issues need to be prioritized
- Record and update issue status in Notion and Github
- Be on top of our community in Discord, helping spot issues and identify areas for improvement
- Willingness and ability to adapt to an evolving work environment within a young company
- Ability to resolve problems independently when appropriate
- Manage and record information according to company standards
Prior experience with, or interest in learning, the following skills/tools:
- Ecommerce tools such as Shopify, WooCommerce, etc.
- CRM software like HubSpot or Zendesk
- Experience with electronics, and related manufacturing process
- Knowledge of a foreign language - Chinese or German especially
- Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time
- This description reflects management's assignment of essential functions, it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned
- This job description is subject to change at any time
- Position details:
- Eligible to work in the US without restriction or sponsorship
- Position starts part-time, on a 10-20 hr/week basis
- This role is Remote, but if you'd like work out of our downtown Pittsburgh office, you may do so.
- Exact schedule is flexible, we understand that as a part-time teammate you will most likely have other commitments such as school or additional jobs that we will need to take into consideration.
- Position does not include healthcare benefits or any employer sponsored retirement plan
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing in some way, please apply!